domenica 13 gennaio 2008

11 songs in 30-something minutes ?

http://news.q4music.com/2008/01/the_story_of_the_new_issue_4.html

I usually don't like long albums (with some exceptions).
putting 13+ songs on an album is a choice I wouldn't make;
as a fan I want to hear them all, but I'm also sure that would destroy the band's work.
11 or 12 songs is a perfect lenght; one of the many "Around the sun"'s problems was its 13 songs lenght. I'm pretty sure it could have been much better with a 2-songs cut.
btw I do hope 30-something minutes means 38-39 minutes, at least.

side note: my fear is that "on the fly" won't make the album (no mention of it in any advance listen of the album by the music industry guys). If it's the case, I'd be rather disappointed. It's probably the best new song (hence the blog's title)

Nessun commento: